Non-Stick Cookware with a special coating Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) commonly known as Teflon are extremely popular and generally very convenient to use and clean because its surface permits to consume less cooking oil. Regular use of Non-Stick pots and pans can harm your family with hidden Teflon Dangers. Let me allow to tells you about the dangerous of Teflon and how to use Non-Stick cookware safely.
Why Non-Stick Cookware Are DangerousAmerican Company Dupont made the chemical perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) which is use in Teflon for Non-Stick Cookware manufacturing. While cooking in the non-stick pots and pans Teflon starts emitting toxic fumes at high temperatures and may cause human diseases like Teflon Flu (Polymer Fume Fever). Dupont labels on every Non-Stick cookware to warn consumers to avoid high heat while cooking on Teflon Coated Non-Sticks.
More than six toxic particles and gasses released from the Teflon coated cookwares with only two to five minutes stovetop heat and exceeded temperatures at wich level coating always breaks. when all these happen in your kitchen and your breath with this polluted air you may be at the risk of Flu symptoms like Teflon Flu. Pets and Birds may also be harmed with this Teflon polluted air.
According to American Federal Public Health Officials, These chemicals are affecting the newborn babies with the diseases like liver inflammation and abnormal thyroid hormone.
Common Mistakes to Avoid While Using Nonstick Cookware
- Do not preheat nonstick cookware ever at the high stove. vacant cookware could be reached high temperatures. Always cook your food at lower heat.
- Always make sure your nonstick cookware is not reached more than 500 degrees also avoid to put in the oven for more than 500 degrees.
- Use wooden or silicone spoons for stirring and cooking the food.
- You should not use cooking spray always use oil and butter.
- Make sure your pets or birds always outside the kitchen while you cooking in the Non-Stick.
- Never wash Non-Stick with hot water and detergents. always clean with hands.
- Do not clean your cookwares with the self-cleaning function on your oven.
- Always best practice For cooking is to choose safe and alternative cookware.
Non-Stick Cookware Alternatives Options For Cooking
Hope you find this information valuable and precious if you have some great knowledge about the cookwares please describe in bellow comment section.